Shame on me for not posting for nearly 3 months. Bad, bad, blogger. Maybe some day I'll do better. Until then, those of you out there who are hanging by a thread of anticipation for 3 months waiting for the next update... my sincerest apologies.
Well, we still live in Chicago. As much as I may fight or deny it. And also, I really dont know what to report on. My last blog was basically a list of everything terrible about living here. And, truthfully, not much of them have changed. We still can never find parking when we need it, we still are getting sick all the time (at least every other week, one of us is on the couch for a few days), random expenses still come up that have us wondering where rent is coming from this month, we still have to fight for time with each other, and our apartment hasn't grown at all. Its a little different now, though. Maybe its as simple as me realizing that this is my lot in life for now, and I've just gotten use to being a little uncomfortable for this year. Or, perhaps - and this is really what I would like to think is going on - God is working on my heart through this year. Im learning to be patient, to trust, to give up my control, and to over-all settle down a little.
In other news, we are starting to plan for our next steps. Our lease is up on August first, so we need to be OUT OF CHICAGO (can I hear an amen??) before then. At this point in time, we are planning on moving our lives in a westward direction to Colorado. We are in process of pursuing a job for Evan at a church out there, which is the main thing that is pulling us in that direction. Also, Evan's family is in the Denver area, and it would be really nice to live closer to them. If we have to move away from my family, I would like to be close to his. As our interview process becomes a little more certain, I'll try to remember to blog about it. Regardless of if we get the job or not though, we are really feeling like God wants us in Colorado. Maybe not permanently, but maybe so. At any rate, this is the step of faith we are taking starting the last weekend of July.
Part of me is scared to move so far from home. I'm almost 23 (which, i guess isnt really all that old), and the furthest away from home i have lived is Chicago. But, im also excited to start a very different chapter in our lives. Im not expecting all our woes to disappear - i have at least learned THAT at this point - but a fresh start is new and exciting to me. Not to mention, we can afford a much bigger apartment out there, with a parking spot, and counter space. No complaints here :) And i don't at all mind having a new apartment to paint and decorate. (Thank you, HGTV for all of your inspirations that drive my husband crazy.)
Also, my job is still going pretty well. I like to complain, and i know i could find a whole lot of things to complain about my job (which, i do), but at the end of the day, we are still getting paychecks, and are still paying all of our bills on time. God takes good care of us. And the kids are real cute too. Except for all the times they're driving me crazy. But i guess a baby, a toddler, and a preschooler will tend to do that from time to time.
I guess thats all the update for now. Currently my husband and i are enjoying a much needed snow day. Saturdays in the middle of the week are quite welcomed around here. Im blogging and watching "Say yes to the dress," while my husband is organizing his books... how cute is he? (and so far, he only broke one picture frame. Not too bad, considering last time he organized his books, we lost our jar of unity sand from our wedding.) I'll try to be on here again before May.
No comments:
Post a Comment